At the Hays County Democratic Party we are committed to protecting your privacy online. While using our website, you do not have to identify yourself or divulge personal information. If you should choose to give us your personal information, you decide the amount of information you provide.
The Hays County Democratic Party is continually trying to expand online activism and to give voters the information they need in a timely manner. As a result, we may periodically ask you to provide information such as your name, address, phone number and email address in an effort to enhance our ability to work with you as an online activist.
If you choose not to give us any information, we may not be able to provide you with timely information regarding events and issues important to you as a politically interested and active citizen. We do not share your information with any other organization.
Our site uses plug-ins and software for a limited number of other websites and companies. The Hays County Democratic Party is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these websites.
How do we protect your information?
Our website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. When you contribute online, the Hays County Democratic Party uses state-of-the-art security protocols to protect sensitive data, such as your personal contact information.
1. There is no fee from the Hays County Democratic Party to receive text messages. Message and data rates may apply- this can be checked with your mobile service provider. Charges are billed and payable to your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account. Consent is not a requirement for purchase.
2. Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier’s name and the date, time and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and provide the services you request from us. Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless operator may interfere with message delivery, including the customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. Wireless operators do not guarantee message delivery and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
3. We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS message as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
4. By subscribing to the Texas Democratic Party mobile alerts, the user consents to receive automated text messages to help elect more Texas Democrats. Recurring messages. Message & data rates may apply.
5. If you have any questions, text HELP to the number you received a text message from or contact us at or [email protected] To stop receiving messages reply STOP.